A Carousel For Missoula
A symbol of community spirit and effort, bring your family to A Carousel For Missoula and take a ride on one of the hand-carved horses or play in Dragon Hollow.
- A Carousel For Missoula is located in Caras Park in downtown Missoula.
- Ride a hand-carved pony or play in Dragon Hollow.
- Carousel rides cost 50 cents - $1.50.
- Open daily from 11 am – 5:30 pm (September – May) and 11 am – 7 pm (June – August).
- For information, call: (406) 549-8382.
In 1991, Missoula cabinet-maker, Chuck Kaparich, proposed the idea of A Carousel For Missoula to the city council and by late May of 1995, hundreds of thousands of volunteer hours had gone into the construction of 41 hand-carved ponies, chariots, gargoyles and other carousel elements. Chuck trained volunteers in the art of carving while businesses and individuals, including school children, helped fund the project by raising or donating money to sponsor the construction of each carousel piece.
In May of 2001, volunteers built an adjacent play area next to the carousel called, Dragon Hollow.
A Carousel For Missoula Foundation and its team of volunteers continue to raise money and give valuable time to the daily upkeep and operation of the carousel and play area.
In addition, Carousel space can be rented for private parties and business meetings.
Missoula’s Carousel and Dragon Hollow Play Area are located in Caras Park near the Clark Fork River in downtown Missoula.
From Interstate-90, take Orange Street exit and head south. Turn left on Broadway and then right on Ryman. Follow Ryman into the Carousel parking area.
From US HWY-12, follow US-12 as it turns into Brooks Street and then into Higgins. Cross Higgins Street Bridge then turn left onto Main and then left onto Ryman.
A Carousel For Missoula and Dragon Hollow Play Area
101 Carousel Drive
Missoula, MT 59802
Ph: (406) 549-8382
The Carousel is open daily from:
- 11 am – 5:30 pm (September - May)
- At least 11 am – 7 pm (June - August)
- 75 cents for children under 16 and seniors over 55
- $2.25for adults
- $1.50 for adult and child sharing a seat
- Free for those with disabilities
Help support the Carousel by making a financial contribution to A Carousel for Missoula Foundation or give of your time by becoming a volunteer, carver or mechanic.