Overlooking the clear waters of Flathead Lake, Blacktail Mountain, or the “upside-down hill,” let's everyone start on top, with a top to bottom run even before you even reach the chairlifts.
- Blacktail Mountain offers great runs at an affordable price.
- Enjoy a drink with friends during aprés ski at Muley's Pub and Restaurant.
- A quick two hour drive north of Missoula on Hwy 93.
- No snow machines here, 100% all natural snow covers Blacktail Mountain.
- Blacktail offers runs the whole family will enjoy.
Blacktail Mountain offers 1,000 acres of National Forest land with 1,440 ft vertical drop and 250 inches of snow per year. Three chairlifts take you to 6,780 ft. There is a run for everyone here with 15% groomed for beginners, 70% for intermediate, and 15% for advanced skiers and boarders.
Blacktail Mountain is located on the west shore of Flathead Lake, in northwestern Montana, and overlooks the town of Lakeside. Many towns dot the lake shore and offer additional food and lodging options, including Lakeside and Polson or head a little further north to Kalispell and Whitefish for more amenities. For shuttle information contact Brown Bear Charters. From Missoula, it is a quick and easy 2 hour drive north on Hwy 93.
Season/Hours: Opening and Closing dates depend on snowfall.
- Opens: November/December thru April
- Open: Wednesday to Sunday (note: Holiday's may vary)
- Lifts Run from 9:30am to 4:30pm
Blacktail is a full service ski mountain. The rental shop is on the first floor of the lodge and is ready to get you fitted and on the slopes. Print a rental agreement online prior to arrival for a speedy transaction. Whether you are just beginning or looking to tighten your turns, Blacktail ski programs have something for you. Ladies, check out Women Wednesday's, starting in January.
Blacktail Trading Company, located on the first floor of the lodge offers everything you may need for a little comfort on the mountain. Whether you forgot something or simply want a souvenir, the Trading Company will have it. Buy your lunch at the Upper Terminal Cafe or brown bag it and enjoy the fire in this cafeteria. Muley's Pub and Restaurant is a great place for an aprés bevy.