If you’re in Missoula during mid-August be sure to attend the Western Montana Fair and enjoy edge-of-your-seat rodeo events, carnival rides, great food, concerts, animal and craft shows, and more.
- Western Montana Fairgrounds is located in Missoula off Old US-93.
- See exciting rodeo events, music concerts, and demolition derby.
- Take the kids to the animal shows and the carnival.
- General admission: $6/adults and $3/kids.
- Fairground facilities are also available for rental for weddings and other events.
- For information, call: (406) 721 - 3247.
In August, join Missoula county residents at the Western Montana Fairgrounds for six days of fun packed with animal and craft shows, music concerts, contests and pageant, rodeo events, and carnival. Watch brave kids compete in Mutton Bustin' and then grip your seat during the adrenaline-riddled Bullorama. Fair activities and events run from Tuesday through Sunday. Leave your car at a local park-and-ride and hop a free bus ride to the grounds for discounted admission.
The Western Montana Fairgrounds is located off Old US-93 in Missoula.
From I-90, take exit 104 for Orange Street and turn left on Old US-93 W/N Orange Street and continue just over 2 miles. Continue onto Stephens Avenue then turn right at South Avenue West.
Physical Address: 1101 South Ave West
Missoula, MT 59801
Ph: (406) 721 - 3247
The Western Montana Fair is held every mid-August.
Gates open from 11 am – 10 pm from Tuesday through Saturday and from 11 am – 8 pm on Sunday.
The Missoula Stampede Rodeo is held Wednesday through Friday and generally begins around 7:30 pm.
Carnival hours are:
- 5 pm – Midnight on Tuesday
- Noon – Midnight from Wednesday through Friday
- 11 am – Midnight on Saturday
- Noon – 10 pm on Sunday
Other event times will vary. Check listings for more information.
Daily Entrance Fees:
- $6/Adult (13 plus)
- Free/Military Personnel (w/active ID)
- $3/Student (5-12)
- Free/4 years old and under
- $4/Senior (55 plus)
Season Passes: Season passes are also available and "Special Day" promotions run throughout the week.
Parking: A $6 fee applies to those parking at the Fairgrounds. Alternatively, Mountain Line buses offer free rides to the grounds from multiple park-and-ride destinations around Missoula. Those who use the free bus service receive a dollar off coupon for gate admission.
Special Event Ticket Prices: Special evening events are offered during Western Montana Fair. Ticket prices are as follows:
For Bullorama, Missoula Stampede Rodeo, and Demolition Derby
- Adult Tickets: $15 plus fees Grandstand
- $10 plus fees Open Bleachers
- Children 12 and Under Tickets: $12 plus fees
Concerts: Concert ticket prices average around $25.
*Ticket prices include gate admission if the tickets were purchased before the day of the event.
Fairground facilities are also available for rental for activities including weddings, auctions, gun shows, fine art shows, and rallies. Prices range from $175 - $875 depending upon your event, occupancy, and desired facility.