- Lookout Pass straddles the border of Montana and Idaho on Interstate-90.
- Skiers and snowboarders enjoy over 500 acres of powder at Lookout Pass Ski Area.
- Cyclists pedal through Idaho’s Silver Valley on the 72-mile Trail of the Coeur D’Alene.
- Lookout Pass is a great base for excursions into Lolo National Forest.
Lookout Pass sits at 4,710 feet on Interstate-90, in the Coeur D’Alene Mountains of the Bitterroot Range, on the border between western Montana and eastern Idaho.
From Missoula, drive 107 miles west on Interstate-90. From Idaho, drive east on I-90 – Lookout Pass is 16 miles east of Wallace, ID.
The drive to Lookout Pass from Missoula takes 2 hours. From Wallace, ID, Lookout Pass is just a short 25 minute drive east.
- Drive past the wooded hills of Lolo National Forest and towering peaks of the Coeur D’Alene Mountains.
- During winter, glide down the 34 groomed slopes within 540 skiable acres at Lookout Pass Ski Area.
- Skiers and snowboarders will also enjoy the ski area’s two terrain parks.
- 25 kilometers of groomed trails are designated for cross-country skiers and snowshoe enthusiasts.
- During summer, pedal down the 72-mile, paved Trail of the Coeur D’Alene and enjoy great scenery in Idaho’s Silver Valley as you follow the South Fork of the Coeur D’Alene River.