- Spend a day at one of Missoula's many golf courses.
- Grab a bucket of balls and hit the driving range at the UM Golf Course.
- The 8 golf courses in Missoula give you plenty of course options.
- Take a lesson and surprise the folks at home with your improved game.
Missoula is bursting with golf courses. The open valley leaves plenty of room for long fairways. Don't look past the next hole or you may get distracted by the beautiful mountains on the horizon or the billowing clouds of the big sky. Grab your clubs and hit the course for a great way to spend a nice summer day!
Where to Golf Around Missoula
Unless otherwise stated, courses do close for the winter from approximately Nov. to March. All directions start in Missoula.
Highlands Golf Course
- Location- Traveling south on South Higgins Ave, take a left on Pattee Canyon Road and the first right onto Whitaker Dr. Drive all the way up the hill for one mile. Highlands Golf Course is located on the left side of the road.
- Course Description- This 18-hole course offers amazing vistas of Missoula Valley. Expect par 34 on the front end and par 35 on the back.
- Contact Information- For more information or to schedule a tee time call 406-721-4653.
Missoula Country Club
- Location- From downtown Missoula, take Brooks/Old Hwy 93 past Reserve St. The country club is on the right.
- Course Description- This course measures 6564 yards from the championship tee. One of the best groomed and well manicured courses in the area.
- Contact Information- For more information or to schedule a tee time call 406-251-2751.
University of Montana Golf Course
- Location- From the University, take Arthur Ave to South St and take a right. The golf course is a half a block up on the left.
- Course Description- Nestled at the base of Mt. Sentinel this scenic course, with mature tree lined narrow fairways, is the oldest golf course in Missoula, dating back to 1924. Don't be surprised to see a bit of wildlife during your 18 holes.
- Contact Information- For more information or to schedule a tee time call 406-728-8629.
Linda Vista Golf Course
- Location- Head north on Brooks past Reserve St, take a left on Miller Creek Rd and continue onto Lower Miller Creek Rd. The course is on your right.
- Course Description- Linda Vista is an executive length 9-hole course with a par 29. Four tee boxes make this course accessible to all levels.
- Contact Information- For more information or to schedule a tee time call 406-251-3655.
Larchmont Golf Course
- Location- Head north on Brooks and take a right on S Reserve. Take a left on South Ave W and your first left on Old Fort Rd and you will run into the golf course.
- Course Description- Host site for the Montana Open, Larchmont has wave like greens, deep bunkers and a great view of Mt. Sentinel. 18 holes are over 7093 yards, course par of 72.
- Contact Information- For more information or to schedule a tee time call 406-721-4416
Canyon River Golf Club
- Location- Take Broadway south and take a left on Madison and a right on E Spruce. Take another right on Vine, which turns into Jackson. A right on Holly, a left on N. Van Buren St. and a left onto Missoula Ave. Canyon River will be on the left.
- Course Description- Canyon River was designed by the highly acclaimed Schmidt, Curly Design team. Excellent views or the Rattlesnake Wilderness Area stretch in front of you as the course meanders through native grasslands, towering pines, riparian marshes and past numerous lakes. This 6900 yard course is a par 72.
- Contact Information- For more information of to schedule a tee time call 406-721-0022.
The Ranch Club
- Location- Twenty minutes from downtown Missoula. Head west on Broadway and take a left on Mullen Rd/FAS 263 and a right on Ranch Club Rd and your there.
- Course Description- The Ranch Club is a Les Furber designed links course. Working with the contours of the land, no view of the Missoula Valley is obstructed. This 18-hole championship course covers 343 acres with length ranges from 5096 to 7020 yards and a par 72.
- Contact Information- For more information or to schedule a tee time call 406-532-1000.
King Ranch Golf Course
- Location- In Frenchtown, ten minutes from Missoula, located off just off I-90 west off exit 89.
- Course Description- This course is situated along the picturesque banks of the Clark Fork River and features 6284 yards and a par 7.
- Contact Information- For more information or to schedule a tee time call 406-626-4000.
Most golf courses offer club rentals for fairly reasonable price.
Everyone's game needs some tweaking now and then. Why not grab a lesson while you are on vacation and get your swing a bit straighter and make your drive a bit longer?